Friday 21 October 2011

Maple Lodge 3rd visit in a week

Around 05.30 hrs  I heard screaming in Denham Way it turned out to be two Foxes fighting on the grass in front of my house.Hence I was a little late making the reserve today.
Made my way to the Teal hide where Geoff Laptop was feeling cold he pointed out a Green Sandpiper
at close quarters.It was bright and sunny and cold and the high pitched call of the Kingfisher brought me to it's notice on some sticks in the water.Making it a first photogenic kingfisher for some time.
Only disturbed by a Grey Heron I had unsurpassed views for 10 minutes.Unusual
was 2 Egyptian Geese on the reserve and 2 more on Lynsters farm there usual port of call.
Time was ticking away but on leaving  I noticed a Fox  on the boundary of the  reserve,
possibly oneof this mornings noisy neighbours.
Back to the Sluice where close views of Little Grebe was nice,
Back at the Club house I met the bee keeper she said it was her last inspection of the year.
Finally Great Spotted woodpecker obliged as did Sparrowhawk.

No comments:

Post a Comment