Saturday 25 February 2012

Birding and lure fishing

On Friday walked to Maple Lodge met PLewis and PDelaloye, on route,the hides produced a few teal
and Wood pigeon going to roost in the Alders.It was generally quiet  apart from Robin and Dunnock
singing.So I retraced my steps to the Rotunda hide where I saw the reported 2 Green Sandpipers. On
leaving a single Ring necked parakeet obliged.

The following morning I got a lift to Springwell GP where a lovely morning produced a Chiff chaff
singing, a herald of Spring,I was lure fishing this time I caught  a 3lb Pike on an Abu Tormentor.

I  saw a couple of Kingfishers ,a Wigeon was calling ,moving on to Stockers GP it was glorious in
the sunshine. No more fish just a final picture of yours truly with Steve Brown and my prolific lure
The Abu Tormentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment