Thursday 13 September 2012

September Autumnal Days

Most mornings begin with a cup of tea watching the bird feeders in the garden,Starlings are coming
for the fat along with a Great Spotted Woodpecker mostly a male.
The Starlings bred next door in the eaves of our neighbours sharing the nest site with Swifts.
Yesterday I photographed one on the roof.
A little later I  walk to Maple Lodge overhead skeins of geese are calling mostly Canada
and Greylag.
However I saw two Egyptian geese ,probably what Chris Bessant had noted the day before.
I  arrive at Maple Lodge its a little colder this morning I manage distant views of possibly 2
Green Sandpipers and flocks be it small of  Gadwall and  Shoveler in eclipse plumage.
I  meet Tony Hulls at Long Hedge its fairly quiet we retrace our steps back to the Teal hide
where a Kingfisher obliges briefly on a post.
I say goodbye to Tony and walk home and  over the garden the now regular Red Kite
puts in an  appearance over another cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment