Thursday 7 March 2013

Early March Maple Lodge Sun now Rain

On Tuesday the 5th Spring had sprung at Maple Cross the birds were singing and the sun was on
my back as I walked to the reserve.
The flooded Alder woodland was gradually drying out as I made my way to the
Rotunda hide where two skulking Common Snipe were not very obliging for the
camera.I retraced my steps past the double decker hide where from its lofty heights
a pair of Reed Bunting were looking for a nest site amongst the Phragmites.

Next up the Teal hide which yielded little,however from the Sluice a Little Grebe put
in an appearance. Making my way along Long Hedge Dunnocks were singing and Great Tits
holding territory.
On reaching the Shell  hide a Common Buzzard was spiralling over a blue sky I
managed some distant shots overhead.
On  return a single Redwing showed briefly and a Carrion Crow called from the high trees
bordering the recreation ground.
At the clubhouse I sat quietly and photographed passerines for an hour. Of note here are
some eg a goldfinch and male chaffinch were quite pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment