Monday 25 March 2013

wheatears at woodoaks farm

Decided to return to the farm today a biting north easterly wind hampered my morning
stroll ,on arrival a Common Buzzard was sat in Hawthorn in the old Orchard.

Also a  small party of Fieldfares sat motionless in the tall trees their cackle gave
notice of my prescence.
I walked through the farmyard yesterdays cow dung and mud had frozen as I walked
the tractor furrows frozen under foot, on route to the dung heap two of yesterdays
Wheatears were still present.
Sylark's were producing aerial song along with meadow pipit and a smaller number
of Yellowhammer were feeding on the manure pile.
An hour gone my hands cold trying to photograph the highly mobile Wheatear
as they flew towards the farm walls and perimetre fencing.
Made my way home got the kettle on and it was not long before two Red Kite flew
over the house one close.

As I write this blog unusual visitors to the bird table include Carrion Crow and
Jackdaw.

No comments:

Post a Comment