Tuesday 16 April 2013

yesterday at Maple Lodge

I  rang my mate Lewis but apparently he is Tom and Dick so walked to the reserve on a fairly
reasonable morning on arrival Geoff Laptop was there,he had been to Croxley Moor earlier that
morning. I walked off to the Rotunda where the female Mallard had four juveniles in tow.
On route back Blackthorn  and Hawthorn was coming in to flower as I passed the
plantation.

I  met Tony rod Hulls with Geoff in the Rotunda but not much doing there apart from
a female Mute swan nest building.
Towards the sluice Chiff chaff,Willow warbler and Blackcap were singing and on the floor
a carpet of Violets.
From Long Hedge hide a Great crested grebe with a 4oz silver fish probably a Roach or
Dace struggled to swallow it ,while a few Tufteds and displaying Gadwalls obliged.
Finally a Common Buzzard gave exceptional views overhead from the hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment