Tuesday 19 August 2014

Cullivoe birding

Well overnight rain had produced a cloudy windy morning.After tea and toast twenty golden plover showed in flight from the community centre window.
Kevin and I bid the others farewell having a leisurely morning as I worked on photoshop.
Around 1300 hrs Kevin went filleting on the quay at Cullivoe while I went in search of Otters,
everything except obliged a pair of Grey seals put in an appearance.
The Shoreline produced Wheatears,Meadow pipits and Starlings in small numbers.
I don't see many juvenile Wheatears so it threw me for a minute.Gannets plundered the Voe
between Yell and  Unst as I walked the shoreline,the peace was explosive just the cry of the birds and
the wind blowing the bog cotton.
Around 1500 HRS Kevin followed me up the hill to our accommodation where we had a spot of tea
Later we all had dinner it was Geoff the Kiwi's birthday and a pleasant last supper followed..

Fulmar in flight following our boat for scraps.

No comments:

Post a Comment