Friday 5 February 2016

On to Stockers before the rain

Headed to Rickmansworth parked the bike in the Aquadrome car park ,then strolled pass Bury lake till I got to Stockers ,a detour to the farm produced 57 Wigeon on the flooded field but no sign of the Little Owl. Next up a circuit of Stockers a few Little Egret and
Goldeneye always a pleasure.
From the tern hide a gull was looking a bit different the legs appeared yellow at a distance,I only had my bins so I wasn't going to be too cocky . Opposite some birders were scoping something so I walked around to see them .We then concluded it was Yellow legged gull, Tony Hulls had clocked it a couple of days ago.
So the Watford RSPB guys and I were pleased it was still showing.
I enclose a shot of the Amwell bird my thanks to the photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment