Monday 8 February 2016

rainy day at Stockers

Well it was a windy day in tricky ricky as I made my way to Bury Lake  to park up and walk towards the causeway , it had begun to rain again so I headed for the hide then the rain passed and I walked on near the preachers pulpit I saw a splendid male Goosander.
I moved on to the Kingfisher hide where superb Goldeneyes were displaying then a kingfisher flew past.
At the feeding station a small flock of Siskin obliged along with other passerines and a rat.
The rat moved on as did I from the other side of the lake the Yellow legged gull showed well be it distant,I slogged on through the mud but no RCP
Stopped at the farm alas no Little Owl but at least 50 Wigeon.
The Wigeon were a bit flighty as I left for the café and home before the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment